[Last Chance] - Episode 2 제2회 第二集

Siyeon was probably the last person on Earth that Joonhyuk would expect to walk into his family's convenience store. At this second, Joonhyuk started to panic. "Oh man...what do I say? Should I walk toward her? No, she'll see me all sweaty. Terrible idea. Okay, take it easy, start simple..."

Before the situation could get awkward, Joonhyuk said, "Hi. Can I help you?" Siyeon smiled, "Yeah, do you have any soap? My mother forgot to buy some today and we're all out." Joonhyuk sighed with relief "Yeah, give me just a second." He turned toward the shelf with soap. However, Joonhyuk forgot about the set of boxes on the floor and immediately fell over. He quickly stood up, embarrassed and glanced at Siyeon. Although she was trying hard not laugh, Siyeon was clearly very amused at the situation.

After Joonhyuk brushed himself off, he took a bar of scented soap and turned towards Siyeon. "Here, I think this should be fine. It smells really good too. Not trying to say you smell bad or anything, because you don't..." Seeing Siyeon's confused look, Joonhyuk realized he was making the situation even more awkward than it already was. "Never mind me. Here, I'll ring this up for you." said Joonhyuk, quickly changing the subject while heading toward the cash register.

"Hey, you go to Shinra High, right?" asked Siyeon. "We're in the same class too, right?"

"Oh yeah, we are." replied Joonhyuk. "I sit in the back so you probably don't know me since you sit in the front."

"Haha, no I remember you. Teacher Yang caught you daydreaming in class today." laughed Siyeon.

"Oh...that's right." said Joonhyuk, embarrassed. "Anyway, have you started studying for Monday's exam?"

"No, not yet. I need to study a lot, I don't quite understand the material."

Joonhyuk thought, "Ah, here's a good chance to spend time together outside class...." He said, "Well, if you want, I can help you study for the exam."

"Sure, that'll be great." smiled Siyeon. "How's tomorrow morning at 10 outside the school library?"

"Yup, that'll be fine." said Joonhyuk. "Here's your soap. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you tomorrow." Siyeon took the plastic bag with her soap and headed out of the store. As Joonhyuk watched Siyeon leave, he couldn't help but smile widely. "What a twist of fate. Never in a million years would I have thought we'd meet like this. Alright, I've got to make this work."

The next day, Joonhyuk woke up early and hurried to the school library. He was so excited that he didn't realize he was an hour early. As Joonhyuk waited, he became more and more nervous. He looked down and started wondering if he was dressed right. "Button-down shirt, jeans and white sneakers. Okay, casual. Looks nice, but not formal like a suit. I should be okay. Just keep calm..." When Joonhyuk looked up, his heart nearly stopped. Siyeon was walking up the street towards him in a light blue shirt and short white skirt. Joonhyuk became increasingly nervous as she approached him.

"Hey, you're here early." Siyeon observed.

"Yeah, I just happened to wake up early." said Joonhyuk, casually. "You want to go inside now?"

Joonhyuk and Siyeon walked into the library. Just then, Joonhyuk noticed Eunjoo coming out of the stairwell. Joonhyuk waved at her, asking her to come over.

"Hey Eunjoo, are you studying for the test too?"

"Yeah, I'm here with Sunghee and Hyewon." replied Eunjoo. "What about you?"

"Oh, let me introduce you two. This is Han Siyeon." said Joonhyuk.

"Hi. My name is Song Eunjoo." greeted Eunjoo, with a quick bow.

Siyeon returned the bow, "Hello. My name is Han Siyeon. You're a friend of Joonhyuk?"

"Oh yes. I also go to Shinra High." Eunjoo answered. "Well, my friends are waiting for me. I'll see you both later. It was nice meeting you Siyeon-ssi."

As Eunjoo left, Siyeon turned to Joonhyuk "She seems nice." Joonhyuk quickly told Siyeon "Oh, she's just a friend. A good friend. Anyway, shall we go upstairs?"

Joonhyuk and Siyeon found a table to sit at on the second floor. As Joonhyuk opened his notebook, he noticed that Siyeon did not have a notebook. Joonhyuk looked up at Siyeon, "Umm, you don't have any notes to study from?" Siyeon said, "Actually I don't have any notes. Would you mind if I look at yours?" She then pulled her seat closer to Joonhyuk. Joonhyuk started to feel nervous sitting so close to Siyeon. Yet at the same time he couldn't stop smiling inside either. Joonhyuk and Siyeon studied for about two hours, occasionally chatting about other things. Joonhyuk was surprised at how well it was going for him. He expected himself to be so nervous that he couldn't say anything and Siyeon would leave.

Siyeon's cell phone started to vibrate. She checked her phone and found that she received a text message. She turned toward Joonhyuk "My friends are at the mall and are asking me to come. I'm going to leave now. Thanks for the help with studying. I'll see you Monday." Joonhyuk replied, "Sure, that's fine. I'll see you at school then? Good luck studying!"

Two days later at school, Joonhyuk was sitting down and began taking the exam. Midway through the test, he needed to use the restroom. Joonhyuk raised his hand and asked Teacher Yang to let him out. While Joonhyuk was washing his hands, he suddenly heard a loud alarm go off. "Wait, what's going on? Isn't that the fire alarm?" He quickly ran out of the restroom and looked around the hallway for the fire alarm. That was when he noticed two people standing in front of the fire alarm.

But it wasn't just any two people. It was both Siyeon and Eunjoo standing in front of the alarm.