[Last Chance] - Episode 1 제1회 第一集

"Joonhyuk...Joonhyuk...PARK JOONHYUK!""Wait...what?" Joonhyuk looked up and saw his teacher looking back at him. He glanced around and noticed all his classmates were staring at him too. "Joonhyuk, the weekend is just two more hours away. Now, could you please read aloud the text on page 20?" Joonhyuk lowered his head, "Yes. Sorry, Teacher Yang."

After class, Joonhyuk stood outside Shinra High School's main entrance. Suddenly, he heard someone running up to him, calling his name. Joonhyuk turned around and saw his friend, Kim Taebyun. Joonhyuk called out to him, "Hey buddy, how's it going?"

Taebyun grinned, "Ya, I heard you got caught daydreaming in class again. Were you thinking about Han Siyeon again?"

Joonhyuk frowned, "No I wasn't! Hey, there's other things on my mind you know."

"So you don't deny you were thinking about Siyeon again?" said Taebyun, with a small laugh. "Haha, I don't blame you though. She's just so beautiful. Ah, man...The things I would do for a chance to take her out on a date."

"Ah c'mon man. She's way too pretty to want to talk to average guys like us." Joonhyuk sighed. "Forget about it."

Suddenly Taebyun pushed Joonhyuk toward the wall and said, "Oh! Oh! Here she comes. Okay man, try and look cool alright?" Taebyun quickly started leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, posing in a nonchalant attitude. A girl walked out of the main entrance. Even in just her school uniform, Siyeon seemed to radiate brightly while carrying the grace of a supermodel walking down a runway. She walked passed Joonhyuk and Taebyun, her dark hair streaked with light brown highlights flowing behind her in the light autumn breeze. Both Joonhyuk and Taebyun turned their heads, continuing to stare at Shinra High's most popular girl heading down the street.

"Ah...I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight." said Taebyun. "Did you see those beautiful, long legs of hers? I swear, they're a gift from heaven."

Joonhyuk nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah I know man, I know. But can you not be so loud? You're starting to attract attention."

"Okay fine, fine. Anyway, so what are you doing in front of the school still? Are you waiting for someone?" asked Taebyun.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Eunjoo. She wanted to go get some bubble tea after school."

"Song Eunjoo? Ya, you should stop leading her on. She's liked you since you two were younger."

"She's just like a little sister to me. I'm not interested. She knows that too." chuckled Joonhyuk.

"So, I could ask her out then?"

Joonhyuk put his arm around Taebyun's shoulders and said, "Well you could. But if you break her heart, I'm going to have to beat you to death. I think I'd like to keep you as one of my best friends, you know." Taebyun laughed weakly, "Fair enough. I won't ask. We're like brothers anyway."

"Joonhyuk oppa!" A girl started running towards Joonhyuk and Taebyun. She was clutching a notebook, her light brown hair tied into a ponytail bobbing up and down as she ran. "Sorry I'm late oppa. I was talking to Teacher Choi and lost track of time. Hi Taebyun!" said Eunjoo with a bright smile.

"Sure, that's okay." said Joonhyuk. "Do you want to head towards Blue Sky Cafe? I think my friend is working there right now." Eunjoo nodded her head, "Sure, let's go. See you later Taebyun!"

"Hmm, okay. I'll probably stop by Cybernet and play some Starcraft before I head home. See you guys." said Taebyun. He watched Joonhyuk and Eunjoo walk away, deep in conversation about their day. Taebyun shook his head in disappointment. "Eunjoo's pretty cute and she's really smart too. Too bad Joonhyuk doesn't realize he's got a great girl next to him. Aish..."

After going to Blue Sky Cafe and ordering two milk tea drinks with tapioca pearls, Joonhyuk and Eunjoo decided to walk around Dongsam Park. Dongsam Park was between Shinra High and Blue Sky Cafe. The park was filled with young people playing soccer, elders chatting and children running about. As they walked, Joonhyuk turned to Eunjoo and asked, "Eunjoo, you have any plans after graduation?"

"Hmm, yeah. I'm thinking about applying to a couple universities in America. I think studying overseas would be a great experience." said Eunjoo. "What about you?"

"Haha, not too interested in the idea of more school. I'm probably going to find a job around the neighborhood, help out my parents you know."

Eunjoo frowned. "Joonhyuk oppa, you should take your education a little more seriously. If you plan on having a good job that pays well, you need a college degree. Girls like a smart guy who has a lot of money.You ever see a girl a date a poor guy with only a high school diploma?"

Joonhyuk had to admit. Eunjoo was right. "Hmm, that's true. I'm sure a beautiful and sophisticated girl like Siyeon wants a smart and rich boyfriend." said Joonhyuk, smiling to himself.

Eunjoo took her straw and blew a tapioca pearl out of her straw. The tapioca pearl flew out and hit Joonhyuk in the face, interrupting his thoughts. "Hey! Song Eunjoo!" Joonhyuk started to chase Eunjoo through the park. "You can't catch me oppa!" giggled Eunjoo, as she ran. As Joonhyuk ran after Eunjoo, his cell phone suddenly rang. He quickly answered his phone, "Hello? Oh mother. AH!!! Sorry, sorry! I'll be right there!" Joonhyuk turned to Eunjoo, "Eunjoo-ah! Sorry! I forgot I promised my mother I would help out at the store after school. Sorry! Bye!" Joonhyuk turned around and took off running.

Joonhyuk raced through Dongsam Park, heading towards his family's convenience store. "Ah man. I can't believe I forgot. I'll just buy Eunjoo lunch sometime to apologize." Joonhyuk thought as he ran. When Joonhyuk reached the store, he went to the back and grabbed his store apron. As he headed back into the store, he found his mother at the cash register.

"Sorry mother. I went out to get bubble tea with Eunjoo after class and forgot to come to the store."

"Ya, Park Joonhyuk. Don't forget next time." scolded Mrs. Park. "I'm going out to buy some groceries for tonight. Your father wants to eat fish tonight. Watch the shop while I'm gone."

After Joonhyuk's mother left, Joonhyuk looked around for something to do. He saw some boxes of goods that came in that day. "Guess I'll start moving those." He started to unpack some boxes and putting the items onto the shelf. *Ding-ding* Joonhyuk heard the familar bell sound, telling him that a customer entered the shop. "Hello! Welcome to T-Mart. How can I help--" Joonhyuk looked up and saw a familiar face. After all, there was no mistaking the alluring beauty that Joonhyuk swore, literally stopped the flow of time.

It was Han Siyeon.