[Last Chance] - Episode 8 제8회 第八集

Over the next couple days Joonhyuk could not stop thinking about what happened between Eunjoo and himself. He found himself remembering grabbing Eunjoo so she wouldn't get hurt and holding her close. Joonhyuk realized he had never been so close to Eunjoo before despite having grown up together in the same hometown.

"Hey buddy, what are you up to?" called out Taebyun, interrupting Joonhyuk's thoughts.

"Hm, not much. What's new with you?"

"I saw some flyers being posted around the school. The school is having a performance around the last day before the Christmas holidays. Students are invited to perform."

"Oh really? That's pretty cool. You know if anyone we know is performing?" Joonhyuk asked.

"I heard that Siyeon might be dancing to Miss A's 'Good-bye Baby' " Taebyun saw Joonhyuk's face and realized he probably should not of said anything.

"Oh I see." Joonhyuk said. "I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing that."

"Everything okay between you two?" asked Taebyun, cautiously.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it Taebyun." reassured Joonhyuk.

Just then, Eunjoo showed up. "Hey, did you guys hear about the Christmas performance?"

Joonhyuk was taken by surprise. He hadn't seen Eunjoo since the incident. Joonhyuk was very aware of her presence and felt anxious. Eunjoo however, did not seem nervous at all.

Taebyun said, "Yeah. Are you participating in the Christmas show?"

"Hm, well I was thinking about singing a song but I don't think I'm too confident about my singing abilities."

Joonhyuk interrupted, "Yah, Eunjoo-ah. Are you serious? You have an amazing voice. You should definitely sing."

Eunjoo smiled, "Oppa, would come watch me sing then?"

Joonhyuk couldn't help but smile back. "Yeah, I'd come and watch you sing. Pick a good song okay?"

"Sure then! I'm going to go find Sunghee and Hyewon to help me prepare."

Joonhyuk watched as Eunjoo walked away to her friends. "Eunjoo looks really pretty today. Hmm, I never really noticed that she actually has a really nice body too."

Taebyun tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, we got class now. Let's go."

Over the next two weeks, there was much talk about the upcoming Christmas performance throughout the hallways of Shinra High. All participants were working hard to practice. After classes, Shinra would still have a lot of students practicing in the empty classrooms. Sounds of music would echo the hallways whether it was the voices of students singing or music players for those who were dancing. Joonhyuk was walking around the hallways and decided to surprise Eunjoo. As he searched for Eunjoo, he bumped into Jungmin.

"Hey Joonhyuk. How's it going?" greeted Jungmin. "You looking for someone?"

"Oh yeah, I'm looking for Eunjoo. Have you seen her?"

"Eunjoo? Oh, I'm looking for her too. I think she might be down this hallway." Jungmin pointed.

They both walked down the hallway. "♫ Good-bye Baby, Goodbye ♫" Joonhyuk suddenly recognized 'Good-bye Baby' playing from a room. He knew that Siyeon was going to be dancing to that song. Joonhyuk stopped and slowly peered into the room. As expected, it was Siyeon dancing. Joonhyuk was mesmorized by her fluid, yet strong and sexy dance movements. He didn't remember Siyeon mentioning that she was a great dancer.

"Wow, Siyeon-ssi is an amazing dancer." commented Jungmin. "I don't think I've ever met a girl who could dance that well."

Joonhyuk was so entranced didn't even hear Jungmin. Nor did he see Eunjoo walking down the hallway.

"Hey, what are you guys watching?" greeted Eunjoo. She turned to see what both Joonhyuk and Jungmin were looking at. Eunjoo was a little annoyed to see Siyeon. Still, she did not show her distaste. Jungmin turned away from watching Siyeon and asked Eunjoo what song she was going to perform for the show.

"Haha, I'm not going to say. It's a surprise!"

Jungmin laughed. "Alright fine. I'm planning on watching the performance. Good luck!"

"Sure, thanks for your support. I'll see you both later then." Eunjoo left to continue practicing for the performance.

As Jungmin watched Eunjoo leave, he jabbed Joonhyuk with his elbow. "Eunjoo is really cute, isn't she?" However, Joonhyuk was so distracted by Siyeon's dancing that he didn't even hear Jungmin. By the time he turned around, Joonhyuk saw Eunjoo turn around the corner. "Aish..." Joonhyuk decided that he needed to talk to Eunjoo. He had been avoiding talking about what happened and realized he should talk to her at least.

It was finally the day of the Christmas school performance. The auditorium was filled with the chatter of students excited to see their classmates dance and sing. Taebyun, Eunjoo, Sunghee and Hyewon were standing outside the auditorium.

"Ahhh, I'm so nervous." said Eunjoo, flustered.

Hyewon reassured her, "It'll be okay. You're going be amazing."

"Hmm. Taebyun, Oppa said he was coming right."

"Yeah, don't worry. Joonhyuk said he needed to take of something first. He'll come. He never breaks his promises."

"Eunjoo-ah, don't worry." said Sunghee. "Let's go in first."

After they all left, Siyeon was making her way inside. On her way inside, she bumped into Jungmin who was carrying some flowers.

"Oh Jungmin-ssi. You're watching the Christmas performance?"

Jungmin nodded. "Oh. Yeah, I am. I heard you're dancing in the show."

Siyeon smiled, "Sure. Well, I hope you enjoy the show. Look for me, okay?"

"Hehe, sure. Good luck! Fighting!"

Siyeon watched as Jungmin went inside. "I wonder if those flowers are for me? Hehe, just a thought." She decided to go inside and practice one last time before the show starts.

Joonhyuk walked around the hallways, hoping to catch Eunjoo and talk to her before the performance started. He didn't want to tell the others since he wanted it to be a private conversation between the two of them. Joonhyuk heard the familiar sounds of 'Good-bye Baby' coming from down the hall. "Oh, it's Siyeon practicing again." However, just as Joonhyuk continued in another direction, he heard a loud cry from the room. Joonhyuk raced toward Siyeon's room to see what happened. He saw Siyeon clutching her ankle, clearly in pain.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt?" asked Joonhyuk, worried.

"I'm fine." Siyeon tried to get up, but winced in pain.

"Look you're not fine. We've got to get you to a hospital to get your ankle checked."

"What about the performance?"

"Are you kidding?" Joonhyuk retorted. "That's not important right now. You can't dance in this condition."

He pulled Siyeon's arm around his shoulders and carried her out of the room. On his way outside, Joonhyuk stopped a student wearing an armband indicating that she was in charge of the performance. Joonhyuk informed her that Siyeon wouldn't be able to perform and was going to take her to the hospital.

At the hospital, the doctor checked out Siyeon's ankle and informed Joonhyuk and Siyeon that it was a minor sprain. The doctor suggested that Siyeon stay overnight and she should be fine in the morning. Joonhyuk and Siyeon thanked the doctor as he left to tend to other patients.

"So I guess you'll stay here overnight then. I'm going to head back to watch the remainder of the performance." said Joonhyuk. "I'll see you later then. Feel better, okay?"

As he turned around to walk, Siyeon stopped him. "Joonhyuk-ssi. I know it might not be the appropriate thing to say, but I'd like it if we could still be friends."

Joonhyuk turned around surprised, taken aback by Siyeon's words. Siyeon continued, "I know you might be a little mad at me for what I said last time at the park." She smiled, "I guess, really mad then. But I miss the fun times we spent together. It might be a little too much to ask, but I'd like it if we could still be friends."

Joonhyuk paused and thought it over. "Yeah. I think I'd like that too." After he left the hospital room, he thought, "I'm sure being friends again will be fine. I'm fine. Now I've got to return back to school and hope I can catch Eunjoo's performance."

While Joonhyuk returned to Shinra High, he stopped by a flower shop. He thought it would be nice to surprise Eunjoo with a flower or at least apologize with it if he missed her performance. As he approached the school auditorium, he saw Eunjoo.

"Eunjoo-ah..."

Joonhyuk saw Jungmin hand Eunjoo a bouquet of flowers. Eunjoo smiled brightly and gave Jungmin a hug. Joonhyuk stared in confusion as both Eunjoo and Jungmin walk off together.

"What happened while I was gone?..."